13 September 2011

The suspense

I thought I had learned some patience throughout the last year+ that we've been talking about adoption - maybe not so much! Even though no news is good news, I couldn't take it anymore....I had to email our adoption agency just to be sure that they did in fact receive our application. In the meantime, we have started to research fundraising and have started to think about what activities we would like to pursue (when the time comes). We will defiantly be paying for much of the adoption ourselves, but it's quite expensive to adopt and we would be so grateful to have some additional support. We are having a little bit of a hard time thinking about fundraising as we already have five kids and we aren't sure what type of reaction we're going to get from people. We truly feel led to do this and are following through on what we've been called to do. There are certainly days where I laugh because God is funny! Five kids already and we should adopt from China? To say we are honored to be called for such a task is an understatement. There are 163 million orphans in the world today - soon there will be one less and no matter what it costs, we can't put a price on that!